- Review the indemnity, insurance and risk allocation aspects of draft contracts to ensure they are in accordance with company’s risk appetite/tolerance, insurance policies and programs.
- Review insurance policies, endorsements, etc. for accuracy. Collate data/material for Insurance Program/Bond renewals in accordance with departmental timeline.
- Provides managerial oversight and direction to the team members.
- Performs risk management reviews/analysis and opinion for merger and acquistion activity.
- Manage the statement of accounts from insurance broker/agent, P&I Club and USL&H Mutual suppliers in a timely fashion.
- Maintain hardcopy policy documentation and electronic versions in Risk Management’s RMIS (Riskonnect) system.
- Oversee supplier insurance compliance program.
10+ years of Insurance and risk managemnt experience including insurance broking, underwriting OR risk management, preferably with a focus on the Marine Risk Management sector. You should have the ability to:
- communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal/external business partners.
- evaluate process effectiveness and develop change or alternatives.
- function effectively with, or as part of a team.
- indirectly mentor, coach, train and/or supervise employees.
- effectively manage projects that may vary in nature and scope.
- prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously while meeting assigned deadlines.
- develop, improve and streamline processes to meet established goals and objective.
You should be knowledgable in standard concepts, practices, and procedures related to risk management and insurance administration (excluding insured employee benefit plans).
You should have knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply federal, state and local laws, ordinances, rules and regulations related to insurance administration and risk management.
You should have knowledge of Federal and state statues and liability rules governing claims.
Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, risk management or related field; or a combination of post high school and experience. In addition to one of the following designations:
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU);
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM);
- Associate of Marine Insurance Management (AMIM);
- Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC);
- Risk & Insurance Management Society Fellow (RIMS Fellow)